MALT Day at the Pumpkin Patch
October 19, 2014
Pick an organic pumpkin, taste local cider, beer and treats, and let the kids go crazy with crafts at MALT Day. Beautiful Nicasio Valley Farms Pumpkin Patch sets the scene for this fun family day.
Explore new activities at MALT Day this year, or return for traditional favorites.
- The Milk Makers: Learn how cows’ milk is made into butter, cheese, yogurt and cream. Make your own butter and practice your milking skills on a simulated cow, then enjoy free organic milk from Clover Organic Farms. Meet Clo the Cow, Clover’s bovine ambassador, from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Farm Crafts: Turn fall fruits and veggies into ink stamps and make one-of-a-kind artwork to take home.
- Nana Mae’s Organic Caramel Apple Dipping Stand: $1 of every apple sold goes to protecting farmland.
- Local Chickens, Local Eggs: Pet, feed and ask questions about raising chickens, while learning about MALT-protected egg producers.
- Pumpkin Picking: Gather the perfect gourd from a big field of local, organic pumpkins. A portion of proceeds from the day’s pumpkin sales go to MALT.
Local Food and Drink
Date: Sunday, October 19, 2014
Time: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Place: Nicasio Valley Farms Pumpkin Patch (map)
Cost: Free admission
Age Appropriate: All ages
We thank Nicasio Valley Farms Pumpkin Patch for hosting MALT Day and for donating 10% of pumpkin sales to MALT. Nicasio Valley Farms Pumpkin Patch is open for the entire month of October. For more information about the pumpkin patch, please visit their website.
Thanks to our Sponsors
MALT gratefully thanks our Corporate Circle sponsors and commends them for their commitment to protecting the farmland that provides clean air and water and access to fresh, healthy food.
For information about becoming a MALT Corporate Sponsor, click here.