Annual Fund Manager
Founded in 1980 by a broad coalition of ranchers, environmentalists, and community leaders, Marin Agricultural Land Trust (MALT) is a member-based nonprofit organization dedicated to permanently protecting Marin County farmland for farming and ranching. We also work with agricultural landowners and public and private partners to support and enhance agricultural viability and sustainability locally and regionally.
MALT’s comfortable office is located just off Highway One in the vibrant community of Point Reyes Station in beautiful West Marin, home to Cowgirl Creamery, Bovine Bakery, and Toby’s Feed Barn. Access to Tomales Bay, Point Reyes National Seashore, and other outdoor wonders is only minutes away. We offer competitive salary, paid vacation and sick time, health, dental and vision insurance, retirement benefits, family friendly policies, and a commitment to honoring work/life balance. Come join our team of highly motivated and passionate staff who care deeply about our mission and one another!
Basic Function and Purpose of the Position:
The Annual Fund Manager is a full-time position supporting MALT's Associate Director of Development in achieving contribution goals for MALT's $1.9 million annual fund. This position is responsible for implementing a comprehensive, multi-channel annual fund program and meeting strategic goals for membership fundraising and programming. This position works closely with the Associate Director of Development to execute aspects of the annual fund giving program (donations <$5,000), including membership renewals, upgrades, appeals, new member acquisition, data analysis and donor stewardship. The right candidate will have experience working with outside vendors and strong project management skills. The Annual Fund Manager reports to the Associate Director of Development.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Working with the Associate Director of Development, help plan and execute a comprehensive program of direct mail and online solicitations and new donor acquisition efforts, including segmented letters and customization for in-house mailings to select constituencies.
- Manages direct mail production calendar and identifies message and solicitation topics for the program. Liaison with contract copywriter and oversee copy development, including internal review and approval, production and mailing.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of donor upgrade and cultivation strategies. Analyze giving levels and retention rates to maximize the success of upgrade and renewal strategies.
- Develop and maintain reports and provide analysis of solicitation program performance.
- Support the Associate Director of Development in creating online fundraising campaigns, including writing e-appeals and work with the Communications Associate to implement.
- Coordinate with the Communications Associate to draft web content, leverage publications, e-newsletters, social media, and other communications in support of membership and fundraising goals.
- Assist with gift entry as needed and donor inquiries.
- Participate in special events and projects as needed.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Vendors and consultants, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience successfully managing non-profit direct mail and membership programs.
- Outstanding analytical, creative and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent user of office technology and information systems (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and donor databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Self-directed with the ability to work both independently and as a of a team.
This is a full-time, exempt position at MALT’s office in Point Reyes Station. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, no walk-ins, no recruiters.
MALT is an equal-opportunity employer.