Major Gifts Officer
Founded in 1980 by a broad coalition of ranchers, environmentalists, and community leaders, Marin Agricultural Land Trust (MALT) is a member-based nonprofit organization dedicated to permanently protecting Marin County farmland for farming and ranching. We also work with agricultural landowners and public and private partners to support and enhance agricultural viability and sustainability locally and regionally.
MALT’s comfortable office is located just off Highway One in the vibrant community of Point Reyes Station in beautiful West Marin, home to Cowgirl Creamery, Bovine Bakery, and Toby’s Feed Barn. Access to Tomales Bay, Point Reyes National Seashore, and other outdoor wonders is only minutes away. We offer competitive salary, paid vacation and sick time, health, dental and vision insurance, retirement benefits, family friendly policies, and a commitment to honoring work/life balance. Come join our team of highly motivated and passionate staff who care deeply about our mission and one another!
About the Major Gifts Officer:
The Major Gifts Officer is a full-time position responsible for managing MALT's major gift program, including identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors and prospect s through annual, restricted, and campaign giving. This person will also support the Director of Development and Executive Director in building long-term relationships with donors. The Major Gifs Officer reports to the Director of Development and supervises the Development Officer. This person serves on the Management Team.
Specific duties include:
- Develop and manage a portfolio of about 100 major donors and prospects
- Engage current and potential donors with the goal of increasing financial support and major gifts for MALT.
- Prepare effective funding proposals, reports and customized collateral for individual donors and prospects.
- Qualify major donor prospects from annual fund and other sources.
- Oversee and manage major donor communications.
- Oversee information relating to current major donors and prospects in Raiser's Edge.
- Provide support to Director of Development in recruiting, motivating and training Board members for major gift activities.
- Participate as member of Development team in planning and implementing fundraising and financial development goals and strategies.
- Participate in special events and projects as needed.
- Minimum of 3-5 years demonstrated successful experience in major gifts fundraising with a focus on prospect identification and qualification, relat ionship building, and solicitation.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously and to work calmly under pressure of deadlines.
- High level of discretion.
- Ability to work well with donors, prospects and board members.
- High integrity, as well as self-directed, high-performance individual who has demonstrated initiative and achievement against goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, engaging interpersonal skills, high energy, and personal initiative.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), and donor relationship management systems. Raiser's Edge proficiency preferred.
This is a full-time, exempt position at MALT’s office in Point Reyes Station. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No phone calls, no walk-ins, no recruiters.
MALT is an equal-opportunity employer.